Tuesday, September 23, 2008

MY JOURNAL 2

September 8, 2008


My group mates and I started making possible questions that we can ask the company for our HRIS proposal.



September 9,2008

We had our first company visit for our major paper. They gave us the company’s organizational chart. I asked him if we can have the completely organizational chart but he said that it would take too much time to explain the functions of all the company divisions that is why, we focused on the Human Resource Department and explained to us the functions of every division and its personnel.



September 16, 2008


We started making our major paper but we really do not know where to start. However, we managed to finish some parts of the major paper.



September 19, 2008


This afternoon, my group mates and I started making the interface of our HRIS proposal using Visual Fox Pro 9.0. Honestly speaking, we had a hard time designing our interface because we only have little knowledge in making a form. Thanks to Mr. George Dan Duran for helping us. Before we went home, we divided our tasks so that the time will not be wasted. By the time I went home, I continued making the interface for the sourcing section of the Human Resource Division.



September 20, 2008


Before I went to school, I started encoding the description of Concentrix’s organizational chart. Later that morning, my group mates and I spent the whole day in school making our HRIS interface and the organizational chart hoping that we will be able to finish it by Sunday so that we will be able to have our first consultation with Sir Randy Gamboa. We spent the whole night making the interface of our HRIS and took turns on finishing it so that we will be able to rest for a while.



September 21, 2008


John Manlangit and I woke up by 3:30am and started connecting the interfaces my group mates and I had made because we used two computers to be able to have a fast progress. I was still sleepy when connecting the interfaces. By 5:00am, I started running the interfaces and encoding fake records in it in order to print the interfaces in a word document. I really had a hard time encoding fake records and printing the interfaces because some words on the interfaces were not spelled correctly and some interfaces have tabs that were not supposed to be connected. That is why I have to do it over again. We started printing the document. Unfortunately, we were not able to print the introduction because we ran out of ink.



September 22, 2008


John Manlangit and I went to Sir Gamboa and asked for a consultation. Sir Gamboa was asking for our HRIS proposal and I said to him that those snapshots were already the interfaces of our HRIS proposal.J

Then he told us that the draft was ok however, we have to make an ERD for every page or tabs of the interface and to explain one by one everything that is in the interface.


Later that afternoon, my group mates and I were supposed to visit our company for consultations about the proposal. Mr. Brizuela told us that we will just meet in USEP because he will come to the USEP Guidance Office, we saw him and unfortunately, he seemed so busy .



September 23, 2008


John Manlangit and I called Mr. Brizuela and asked him if we could talk to him about our proposal. Unfortunately, he told us that he will be going out of town later this week until the next week. Later that night, John Manlangit and I together with Anthony Rigor, an IT student went to my place and asked him if he could help or give us ideas or suggestions about our proposal.

2 comments:

aican said...

"Unfortunately, we were not able to print the introduction because we ran out of ink."
=========
yeah..how sad! hmp! kailangan papud nato ilisan si juan atong ink niya...tsk tsk stk..

tina_ said...

..good! no time wasted! congrats to you and your groupmates!
nyahahahhaha!